Here’s a Bacon Deviled Eggs with a twist, Perfect for a Date.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 slices of bacon
- Melted butter
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped scallions
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Place 12 large eggs in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1″. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool completely, about 10 minutes; peel. Halve lengthwise and remove yolks. Coarsely chop 3 slices of bacon. Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels. Strain drippings through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Add melted butter if needed to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Finely mash reserved yolks, bacon fat (and/or butter), 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and 1 heaping tablespoon chopped scallions in a medium bowl; season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a large resealable freezer bag, then cut 1/2″ off 1 corner. Pipe into whites; garnish with thinly sliced callions and reserved bacon.