Most of you has boyfriend or girlfriend right?? Dont you ever ask me about that ‘coz I never had. How sad right? But its okay. Have you ever tried to go to a date? If you haven’t done yet, so start now!!
In a date, there should always a dessert or sweets. It not just to satisfy our craving intestines but it symbolize sweetness, agree??? So I have a dessert that I’m really sure that both of you will enjoy. ……. it’s a cake-a chocolate cake!!! YUMMY!!! Hope you enjoy.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Flour Black Cocoa, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup strong black coffee (I used Green Mountain Coffee’s Vermont Country Blend)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa(s), baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix on low until dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for about two minutes; the batter will be thin.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Frost as desired. I used a simple and delicious Chocolate Buttercream Frostingfrom Savory Sweet Life. One batch was perfect for this layered chocolate cake.